2022 PARPC Girls Summer Field Hockey Camp
STAY TUNED FOR MORE UPCOMING SEASON INFORMATION IN MAY OF 2023!
Fun field hockey instructional lessons with Palmyra HS Assistant Coach Kayla Ricker
WHEN: August 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from 6-8 pm (rain date scheduled for Thursday, August 4th)
WHERE: Palmyra High School’s Field Hockey turf field at 1125 Park Drive, Palmyra PA (subject to PASD approval)
- Player must have a stick, mouth guard, field hockey stick, and shin guards to participate. NOTE: If you can bring a field hockey ball of your own, please do- but be sure everything has your athlete’s name on it.
- Sticks available for purchase 28″,30″,32″,34″ for $25 until July 18th. Measurement is taken from the ground to the top of your athlete’s hip bone to the nearest inch listed, going with a shorter stick as opposed to longer for better control. Purchased sticks will be delivered to camp on the first day (please arrive 10-15 minutes early to receive stick).
Girls rising in first to sixth grade in fall of 2022 are invited to register online or with the form below sent with payment to PARPC at 325 South Railroad Street, Palmyra or use the tan drop box in front of the Palmyra Municipal Building at the same address available 24/7.
Register online through active.com at the bottom of this webpage for a small fee:
COVID 19 UPDATE:
- All camps will follow in line with COVID-19 safety measures.
- If Covid-19 restrictions are heightened and the program is cancelled we will refund all registration money.
- We encourage the use of active.com for all fall sports and the summer field hockey camp with a link from our website . You can also mail your downloaded registration form to PARPC- 325 South Railroad Street, Palmyra PA 17078 or use the drop box in front of the Palmyra Municipal Building at the same address.
The health and safety of our athletes, staff, and volunteers remain our highest priority! Below, you will find a summary of actions we are taking to help ensure we are lowering COVID-19 risk as much as possible while also allowing our athletes to play. We are:
- Intensifying cleaning and disinfection by cleaning goals and disinfecting equipment between use as feasible.
- Reducing physical closeness or contact between players when possible such as allowing players to focus on building individual skills (like dribbling and stick juggling), keeping children in small groups, putting signs and using cones to designate staying 6 feet apart as much as possible, discouraging unnecessary physical contact, such as high fives, handshakes, fist bumps, and hugs and replacing these with a modified cheer.
- Promoting healthy hygiene practices such as hand sanitizer before and after practices and games, encouraging children to cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or to use the inside of their elbow, and reminding them to not spit.
- Limiting the sharing of equipment. This year, players are encouraged to bring their own field hockey ball if possible. If they do not have access to a field hockey ball, PARPC will provide field hockey balls to borrow. Athletes should be sure to put your name on all equipment used at camp including your water bottle and keep your personal equipment 6 feet from each other.
- Anyone who is sick or has been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 including players, family members, coaches, staff and spectators- should not attend camp. Be on the lookout for symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, or shortness of breath. Call your doctor if you think you or a family member is sick. Please follow CDC guidelines to return back to sports from home isolation found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/end-home-isolation.html
2022 Registration Form:
Active.com Online Registration (small fee from active.com):