Please refer to the new CDC guidelines regarding facemasks:
PARPC is aware of the new facemask requirement set by the CDC, however we do not know how procedures will change between now and December 7th when we begin practices. Striving to be as transparent as possible, please prepare accordingly.
PLEASE CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR ANY UPDATES.
PROGRAM IS CLOSED TO NEW REGISTRATIONS
PASD approved PARPC Basketball on September 28th, 2020! Our PARPC program; working with PASD, will look as follows for this year 2020-21 to abide to COVID19 restrictions in the hopes to continue through an entire season keeping everyone as safe as possible.
Join our PARPC Girls or Boys Basketball Program! Children first grade through eighth grade can participate.
- Players will participate in four pre-season 60 minute pre-season practices between December 7th and the start of Christmas break. Game/practice nights start the week of January 4th. Coach will contact you by November 23rd with the schedule for season.
- PRESEASON PRACTICES AND PRACTICE/GAME NIGHTS IN REGULAR SEASON ARE CLOSED TO SPECTATORS AND PARENTS. If anything changes, we’ll update the website but it is unlikely to change.
- We will do our best to maintain the same school every week for your practice/game night. This will not necessarily be the school your child attends
- The week of January 4th regular season practices then go to one time per week immediately followed by a game that same evening. Two teams will share a court for a 40 -45 minute practice, have a 5 minute break and then continue with a game against the team they share the court with that evening. There will be no weekend games this year. Time frames will vary, but mostly be a 5:30pm drop off and 6:50pm pick up. We appreciate your flexibility if changes need to be made.
- We will offer eight games per team, and may give two nights per week occasionally (not back to back) to finish the season by the end of February.
- We will encourage our parent coaches and assistant coaches to “livestream” through Facebook so parents can view their child’s games although this is not guaranteed.
- Program emphasizes learning the game and having fun with equal playtime on the courts. No medals are awards given, it’s purely for learning and fun.
- Athlete should wear the team t-shirt to every event starting January 4th.
- Athletes should bring their own basketball and water bottle- both with their names written on.
- Masks update– (link above) All program participants should wear a mask in the parking lot entering and exiting practice. CDC just updated guidelines to require all athletes and coaches to wear a mask during practice and games, but guidelines are constantly changing and practices don’t begin until the week of December 7th so stay tuned for any changes. Be prepared with extra face coverings in case this mandate remains in effect.
- Parents must review the “Parent Checklist” for all instructions this year for season. COVID CHECKLIST FOR PARENTS-basketball
REGISTER BY OCTOBER 30th, 2020 There will be no late registrations accepted.
Pre-recorded mandatory virtual coach’s meeting will be emailed to coaches and assistant coaches by Thursday, November 12th
***Players will be informed of team placement and practice times by Monday, November 23rd by their coach***
Due to COVID19, to try and keep exposure to a minimum, we are changing the following procedures:
There will be no Kindergarten Basketball.
There will be no Basketball Assessments prior to the program. We will review coach assessments and referee advisements from last year to create teams.
There will be no Saturday games. Games will immediately follow practice, always during the week.
We cannot allow spectators or parents in the school gyms. This will allow us to keep us in compliance with CDC guidelines.
We are working on the possibility of “live streaming” games through facebook live, although this is not guaranteed. More updates on livestreaming to come…
There will be no Playday at the end of the season.
Reminders for season:
- Game schedule will be available the week of November 30th
- If school is cancelled due to weather for the entire day or an early dismissal there will be no PARPC practices. If school has a 1 or 2 hour delay but finish a full day of school you will have practice unless you hear otherwise from your coach.
- Uniforms will be distributed the week of December 21st by your coach and must be worn to every event after January 4th.
- Possibility of an R&K sub sale… stay tuned
- There are several scholarships available for children of veterans and economically disadvantaged.
We encourage the use of active.com with a link from our website below. You can also mail your downloaded registration form to 325 South Railroad Street, Palmyra PA 17078 or use the outdoor drop box in front of the Palmyra Municipal Building.
*Please note if you register online, there is no $5 sibling discount available.
Parent resources for season:
COVID CHECKLIST FOR PARENTS-basketball(reference for COVID19 procedures for season- UPDATED 11/18)
COVID-19 Health Screening Checklist(sent to coach before each practice/game your athlete attends)
Bill Walton’s Parent’s Guide to Youth Basketball (reference for parents during season)
Coach resources for season:
COVID19 COACH CHECKLIST basketball (UPDATED 11/18)