Please refer to the new CDC guidelines regarding facemasks:
Facemasks must be worn by all participants, coaches, and referees.
PLEASE CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR ANY UPDATES.
PROGRAM IS CLOSED TO NEW REGISTRATIONS
Our PARPC program; working with PASD, will look as follows for this year 2020-21 to abide to COVID19 restrictions in the hopes to continue through an entire season keeping everyone as safe as possible.
PRACTICES AND GAMES:
- PRESEASON PRACTICES AND PRACTICE/GAME NIGHTS IN REGULAR SEASON ARE CLOSED TO SPECTATORS AND PARENTS. If anything changes, we’ll update the website but it is unlikely to change.
- Players will participate in four 60 minute pre-season practices starting January 4th (subject to change). Following the first two weeks of pre-season practices, teams will then move to practice/game nights. Coach will contact you by November 23rd with the schedule for season.
- We will do our best to maintain the same school every week for your practice/game night. This will not necessarily be the school your child attends
- Two teams will share a court for a 40 -45 minute practice, have a 5 minute break and then continue with a game against the team they share the court with that evening. There will be no weekend games this year. Time frames will vary, but mostly be a 5:30pm drop off and 6:50pm pick up. We appreciate your flexibility if changes need to be made.
- We will offer eight games per team, and may give two nights per week occasionally (not back to back) to finish the season in a timely fashion.
- We will encourage our parent coaches and assistant coaches to “livestream” through Facebook so parents can view their child’s games although this is not guaranteed.
- Program emphasizes learning the game and having fun with equal playtime on the courts. No medals are awards given, it’s purely for learning and fun.
- Athlete should wear the team t-shirt to every game night. (Team t-shirt not necessary for the first two weeks of pre-season practices).
- Athletes should bring their own basketball and water bottle- both with their names written on.
- Masks update– CDC updated guidelines to require all athletes and coaches to wear a mask during practice and games. Be prepared with extra face coverings in case this mandate remains in effect.
- Parents must review the “Parent Checklist” for all instructions this year for season. COVID CHECKLIST FOR PARENTS-basketball
Due to COVID19, to try and keep exposure to a minimum, we are changing the following procedures:
There will be no Kindergarten Basketball.
We will review coach assessments and referee advisements from last year to create teams to avoid an assessment night.
Games will immediately follow practice, always during the week to avoid large Saturday game gatherings at the school.
We cannot allow spectators or parents in the school gyms. This will allow us to stay in compliance with CDC guidelines.
We are working on the possibility of “live streaming” games through Facebook live, although this is not guaranteed. We purchased phone tripods for each school for coaches to set up recording games for parents. Referees will track the time of the game with a stop watch and a scoring pole is available at each school for assistant coaches to utilize, if desired. Due to no spectators and limits on accessibility, there can be no timing/scorekeeper manager this year.
Please bring your own basketball if at all possible. Suggested basketball sizes are as follows: 3-8 grade girls and 3,4,&5 grade boys size 28.5. Boys 678 grade are size 29.
Reminders for season:
- Game schedule will be available the week of November 30th. Please see your coach for updates with push backs for season due to COVID19 we expect there to be several season adjustments. We appreciate your patience during these difficult times.
- If school is cancelled due to weather for the entire day or an early dismissal there will be no PARPC practices. If school has a 1 or 2 hour delay but finish a full day of school you will have practice unless you hear otherwise from your coach.
- Uniforms will be distributed late December or early January by your coach and must be worn to every game after pre-season practices conclude.
- Possibility of an R&K sub sale… stay tuned
- There are several scholarships available for children of veterans and economically disadvantaged.
We encourage the use of active.com with a link from our website below. You can also mail your downloaded registration form to 325 South Railroad Street, Palmyra PA 17078 or use the outdoor drop box in front of the Palmyra Municipal Building.
*Please note if you register online, there is no $5 sibling discount available.
Parent resources for season:
COVID CHECKLIST FOR PARENTS-basketball(reference for COVID19 procedures for season- UPDATED 11/18)
COVID-19 Health Screening Checklist(sent to coach before each practice/game your athlete attends)
Bill Walton’s Parent’s Guide to Youth Basketball (reference for parents during season)
Coach resources for season:
COVID19 COACH CHECKLIST basketball (UPDATED 11/18)