REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR 2021
Practice is cancelled May 14th, 2021!
Download the fundraiser form: R&K Subs Track Order Form
Come out and join the fun at PARPC track! Kids try as many events as they would like along with an inter-squad track meet at the end of the season.
- Practices are Mondays and Wednesdays and start on April 7th at 6-7:30 pm at Palmyra Middle School track and are not cancelled unless it is posted on the PARPC Track Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PARPCtrack and/or if PASD school is cancelled.
- Register by March 12th to avoid a late fee.
- Picture day is April 21st and starts at 5:45pm.
- Must be a Palmyra resident to participate in the track program and be age 5 to 14 yrs.
- Fee is $45 and $40 for additional siblings.
- Includes t-shirt.
- inter-squad track meet the morning of Saturday, May 22nd
More parent volunteers needed as assistant coaches, please put your name on your child’s track registration form under “volunteer parent coach” or you can email email@example.com
ASSISTANT COACHES NEEDED- Please consider helping as we can only allow as many athletes as we have volunteers to safely organize practices. We now have a waiting list of over 20 athletes! You have been notified by email if your child is on the waiting list and will refund your money if we don’t get any more parent helpers. This is done to ensure the safety of all our athletes.
Assistant Coach meeting is virtual on March 31st at 8pm- you will be sent a link by Coach Serio.
Covid-19 Update to Parents:
First and foremost, we hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy. We have received questions from the community about if and how COVID-19 will change this year’s athletic season. We know this outbreak has been stressful to many and recognize that exercising and participating in activities like sports can be a healthy way to cope with stress and connect with our community. After careful thought and planning, we are excited to let you know that we plan to resume youth sports while following CDC considerations to protect players, families, and our community.
The health and safety of our athletes, staff, and volunteers remain our highest priority! Below, you will find a summary of actions we are taking to help ensure we are lowering COVID-19 risk as much as possible while also allowing our athletes to play. We are:
- Intensifying cleaning and disinfection by disinfecting equipment between use as feasible.
- Reducing physical closeness or contact between athletes when possible such as allowing athletes to focus on building individual skills keeping children in small groups, and staggering arrival and drop off times when feasible, putting signs and using cones and lines on fields to designate that coaches and players stay 6 feet apart, discouraging unnecessary physical contact, such as high fives, handshakes, fist bumps, and hugs and replacing these with a modified cheer.
- Postponing travel outside of our community
- Promoting healthy hygiene practices such as hand sanitizer before and after practices and games, encouraging children to cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or to use the inside of their elbow, and reminding them to not spit.
- Requesting that coaches, officials, and parents wear a cloth face covering As a reminder, cloth face coverings should not be placed on young children younger than 2 years of age, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the cover without assistance.
- Limiting the sharing of equipment.
- Track meet on May 22nd– we hope to allow SIX spectators per athlete to the meet on May 22nd using social distancing and masks required; however, instructions will be given and will depend on COVID19 requirements for outside sports meets at that time. Be prepared for the possibility parents may not be able to attend the track meet.
Be on the lookout for symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, or shortness of breath. Call your doctor if you think you or a family member is sick. Return back to sports from home isolation is found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/end-home-isolation.htm
Please refer to the new CDC guidelines regarding facemasks if you need more information at:
Our PARPC program; working with PASD, will look as follows for this year 2020-21 to abide to COVID19 restrictions in the hopes to continue through an entire season keeping everyone as safe as possible.
- PRACTICE SESSIONS- Parents may watch practices, but must social distance 6 feet apart, wear a mask, and stay outside of the track fence, no more than 6 spectators per athlete at practices and the meet.
- Please be prompt for drop off and pick up for sessions to allow for social distancing between sessions. Only athletes may enter the track.
- Athletes should bring their own water bottle with their name written on and must wear a mask entering and exiting track practice. During track practice ONLY and the meet, athletes can take their mask off.
- Coaches are highly recommended to wear masks as much as possible.
- Health questionnaire must be reviewed before each session as a double check before you send your child to practice to be sure your child has no symptoms of COVID19.
- Read the parent’s checklist to prepare for season safely.
Parent resources for season:
COVID CHECKLIST FOR PARENTS- Track (parent reference for COVID19 procedures for season)
R&K Subs Track Order Form (Due April 30th, Delivery is May 10th)
HOW TO REGISTER:
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR 2021
Register by March 12th. $10 late fee between March 13-25th- Registration closed after March 25th
Printed registration is below to mail to PARPC at 325 South Railroad Street, Palmyra PA 17078 OR you may put the registration in our tan drop box in front of the municipal building at the same address anytime.
Register online at www.active.com for a small fee. *Please note sibling discount is not available on active.com (Link is below)
Athlete Track Meet Event Form- every athlete must choose events with the Athlete Track Meet Event Form- coming soon! Will be available end of April on our website and Facebook page.