Fun Field hockey instructional lessons with Palmyra HS Assistant Coach Kayla Ricker
Camp runs August 2nd, 3rd, and 4th (rain date scheduled for Wednesday, August 5th)
from 6-8 pm at In The Net outside turf field for girls starting 1st through 6th grade in fall 2020.
Learn the field hockey basics on an introductory level. Camp t-shirt included if registered by July 10th
*Must have a stick, mouth guard, and shin guards.
Sticks available for purchase 28″,30″,32″,34″ for $25 until July 10th. No sticks will be ordered after July 10th and all sticks will be delivered to camp on the first day (please arrive 10-15 minutes early to recieve stick).
Fee $65/ or $75 for NONPASD.
Paper registrations and online registration close after Monday, July 13th.
No late registrations will be accepted!
COVID 19 UPDATE:
- All camps will follow in line with COVID-19 safety measures of green phase such as temperature checks, hand sanitizer before and after participation, and sportsmanship will be in a touchless manner.
- If Covid-19 restrictions are heightened in yellow or red phase, and the program is cancelled we will refund all registration money.
- We encourage the use of active.com for all fall sports and the summer field hockey camp with a link from our website . You can also mail your downloaded registration form to 325 South Railroad Street, Palmyra PA 17078 or use the drop box in front of the Municipal Building.
The health and safety of our athletes, staff, and volunteers remain our highest priority! Below, you will find a summary of actions we are taking to help ensure we are lowering COVID-19 risk as much as possible while also allowing our athletes to play. We are:
- Intensifying cleaning and disinfection by cleaning goals and disinfecting equipment between use as feasible.
- Reducing physical closeness or contact between players when possible such as allowing players to focus on building individual skills (like dribbling and stick juggling), keeping children in small groups, , putting signs and using cones to designate staying 6 feet apart as much as possible, discouraging unnecessary physical contact, such as high fives, handshakes, fist bumps, and hugs and replacing these with a modified cheer.
- Promoting healthy hygiene practices such as hand sanitizer before and after practices and games, encouraging children to cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or to use the inside of their elbow, and reminding them to not spit.
- Players are required to wear a cloth face covering before practice starts while checking in at camp and after practice is over, but no facemask during camp. As a reminder, cloth face coverings should not be placed on young children younger than 2 years of age, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the cover without assistance.
- Limiting the sharing of equipment. This year, players are encouraged to bring their own field hockey ball if possible. If they do not have access to a field hockey ball, PARPC will provide field hockey balls to the coaches.
- No spectators at camp, campers must be dropped off at the permanent main ITN Field (not the new dome). However if you must stay practice, you need a cloth mask, 6 foot social distancing from each other and 6 feet from the field sideline, and stay on the bench/stands side of the field closest to the ITN lobby and bring your own chair. *Note- we will possibly be moved outside at ITN… we will update you on any definite changes!
- Players should put their water bottles and personal belongings on the far side of the field (stone lot side).
- ATTENTION PARENTS:Please sign the PARPC Covid19 Waiver AND The In The Net Covid19 Waiver (attached together in the document below)- and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, mail to PARPC 325 South Railroad Street, Palmyra PA 17078, OR put in the tan drop box outside of the Palmyra Municipal Building at the same address anytime 24/7 BEFORE July 29th so we have it in time for camp! Your athlete will not be able to participate without both of these waivers!
Anyone who is sick or has been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 including players, family members, coaches, staff and spectators- should not attend camp. Be on the lookout for symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, or shortness of breath. Call your doctor if you think you or a family member is sick. Please follow CDC guidelines to return back to sports from home isolation found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/end-home-isolation.html
Closer to camp we will be emailing participants an updated checklist with any changes (current checklist is attached for your review), in addition to the google “Health Questionnaire” to be completed online before each camp session. *This document will move the screening process along much faster.
We look forward to seeing you on the fields again very soon!
Thank you and stay healthy,
PARPC Sports and Special Program Coordinator