Join Head Palmyra Volleyball Coach Clark Sheaffer for a fun summer volleyball camp for children who completed 5th, 6th,7th, or 8th grades.
Instruction includes Serving, Passing, Setting, Hitting, & Digging
AGE: COMPLETED GRADES 5TH,6TH,7TH, OR 8TH
FEE: $60 ($70 nonPASD)
Monday thru Thursday, August 10th, 11th, 12th, and 13th
11:00 – 1:00 P.M.
@ Palmyra Middle School Gym- drop off campers at the front entrance. (No spectators, please)- camp is pending PASD approval
Please register by Monday, July 20th to guarantee a shirt in time for camp
Registration closed after July 30th – No late registrations accepted.
COVID 19 UPDATE:
- All camps will follow in line with COVID-19 safety measures of green phase such as temperature checks, hand sanitizer before and after participation, and sportsmanship will be in a touchless manner.
- If Covid-19 restrictions are heightened in yellow or red phase, and the program is cancelled we will refund your registration fee.
- We will not make a call to cancel camp and send refunds until 1-2 weeks before the program starts to ensure up to date information, as Covid-19 statewide social policies are released.
- We encourage the use of active.com for all fall sports and the summer sports camps with a link from our website . You can also mail your downloaded registration form to 325 South Railroad Street, Palmyra PA 17078 or use the drop box in front of the Municipal Building.
You can register with the form below sent with payment to 325 South Railroad Street, Palmyra or put in the tan drop box in front of the building anytime. You may also click the link below and register online. (Small processing fee by active.com if you register online).
COVID-19 UPDATE FOR PARTICIPANTS:
The health and safety of our athletes, staff, and volunteers remain our highest priority! Below, you will find a summary of actions for Volleyball Camp we are taking to help ensure we are lowering COVID-19 risk as much as possible while also allowing our athletes to play.
We are planning to request:
- Please check your child for a fever immediately before every skill session– they cannot play youth sports if It’s over 100.4 degrees. The CDC considers any temperature over 100.4 a fever.
- Parents please use the google document “Health Screening Document” (this will be emailed to you the week of August 3rd ) and email or text/ screen shot (whichever coach your prefers) COACH immediately before any event to confirm your child does not have shortness of breath, a cough, chills, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, any recent vomit or diarrhea, etc. The answer must be no to every question to ensure the safety of all players.
- Practices & Games Drop offs– Everyone wear a face mask to protect those around you, (players masks may be removed upon beginning of skill session). Players should be dropped off at 10:45am for an 11am start and no spectators in the gym. You may enter the rear parking lot at the Palmyra Middle School, and players should walk to the far entrance just past the concession stand to enter the back of the gym. Pick up is at 1pm and parents are not to enter the school at pick up to ensure social distancing.
- Everyone must sanitize their hands before and after every skill session.
- Parents- be sure your coach has your best cell phone number in case they need to reach out to you during practice. If it is a different number than what you put on the application, please email us at email@example.com ASAP.
- Remind your player to promote healthy hygiene such as using hand sanitizer (above), to cover coughs with your elbow, and no spitting.
- Please do not bring any equipment from home other than your own water bottle with your player’s name.
- Please sign the PARPC Covid19 Waiver and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, mail to PARPC 325 South Railroad Street, Palmyra PA 17078, OR put in the tan drop box outside of the Palmyra Municipal Building at the same address anytime 24/7 BEFORE August 5th so we have it in time for camp! Your athlete will not be able to participate without the waiver signed and returned to us!
- PARPC COVID 19 WAIVER 2020
Anyone who is sick or has been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 including players, family members, coaches, staff and spectators- should not attend camp. Be on the lookout for symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, or shortness of breath. Call your doctor if you think you or a family member is sick. Please follow CDC guidelines to return back to sports from home isolation found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/end-home-isolation.html
On August 7th we will be emailing participants an updated checklist with any changes (current checklist is attached for your review), COVID 19 CHECKLIST FOR PARENTS VB Camp in addition to the google “Health Questionnaire” to be completed online before each camp session. *This questionnaire will move the screening process along much faster.
We thank you for your patience and understanding in these uncertain times as we all work together to provide a safe atmosphere for our young players and our community.
All the best,
Sports and Special Program Coordinator
Palmyra Area Recreation and Parks Commission