2021 PARPC Summer Tennis Camp
Join us for PARPC’s Coed Summer Tennis Lessons!
Coached by Matt Opilo- PHS Tennis Coach and United States Professional Tennis Association- Certified Professional
Focus is on basic strokes, footwork, racquet skills, and an introduction to match play! Get a quality introduction to tennis at the fraction of the cost anywhere else!
THREE AGE GROUPS WITH MULTIPLE WEEKLY SESSIONS AVAILABLE
8 am – 9 am
COED – Session 1 – June 14, 15, 16, & 17 – Last day to register is June 7th
COED – Session 2 – July 12, 13, 14, & 15 – Last day to register is June 23rd
9 am- 10 am
COED – Session 1 June 14, 15, 16, & 17 – Last day to register is June 7th
COED – Session 2 July 12, 13, 14, & 15 – Last day to register is June 23rd
AGE 11-15- Junior Tennis Camp
8 am – 10 am
COED – Session 1 June 28, 29, 30,& July 1 – Register by June 16th
COED – Session 2 August 9, 10, 11, & 12 – Register by July 15th
WHERE: Palmyra High School Tennis Courts- 1125 Park Drive, Palmyra PA.
Parking available- from the back of the High School on the left side down the lane between the softball field and the school. (left side when facing the BACK of the school from the main parking lot area)
FEE: $70 per person/per session ($80 nonPASD resident)
First session includes a PARPC Tennis t-shirt and any session after that includes tennis balls.
Register online with the link at the bottom of this web page
Register with the age appropriate form above sent with payment to 325 South Railroad Street, Palmyra, PA or use the tan drop box in front of the building at the same address which is available all hours.
COVID 19 UPDATE:
- All camps will follow in line with COVID-19 safety measures such as temperature checks, hand sanitizer before and after participation, and sportsmanship will be in a touchless manner.
- If Covid-19 restrictions are heightened and the program is cancelled we will refund all registration money.
- We encourage the use of active.com, mail your downloaded registration form to PARPC- 325 South Railroad Street, Palmyra PA 17078, or use the drop box in front of the Palmyra Municipal Building at the same address.
The health and safety of our athletes, staff, and volunteers remain our highest priority! Below, you will find a summary of actions we are taking to help ensure we are lowering COVID-19 risk as much as possible while also allowing our athletes to play. We are:
- Intensifying cleaning by disinfecting equipment between use as feasible.
- Reducing physical closeness or contact between players when possible such as allowing players to focus on building individual skills keeping children in small groups, putting signs and using cones to designate staying 6 feet apart as much as possible, discouraging unnecessary physical contact, such as high fives, handshakes, fist bumps, and hugs and replacing these with a modified cheer.
- Promoting healthy hygiene practices such as hand sanitizer before and after practices and games, encouraging children to cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or to use the inside of their elbow, and reminding them to not spit.
- Players are required to wear a mask before practice starts while checking in at camp and after practice is over, but no facemask during camp.
- Limiting the sharing of equipment. This year, players are encouraged to bring their own tennis racquet if possible. If they do not have access, PARPC will provide a racquet to borrow. Athletes should be sure to put your name on all equipment used at camp including your water bottle and keep your personal equipment 6 feet from each other.
- Any spectator at camp must wear a mask, participate in 6 foot social distancing from each other, and remain 6 feet from the courts.
Anyone who is sick or has been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 including players, family members, coaches, staff and spectators- should not attend camp. Be on the lookout for symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, or shortness of breath. Call your doctor if you think you or a family member is sick. Please follow CDC guidelines to return back to sports from home isolation found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/end-home-isolation.html
Any questions please call the office 838-9244 after hours 926-9673.