2022 PARPC Youth Coed Track & Field
NEW INFORMATION ON 2023 TRACK WILL BE POSTED IN JANUARY 2023!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THIS POPULAR PARPC PROGRAM!
Come out and join the fun at 2022 PARPC track! Practices are Mondays and Wednesdays beginning on April 6th from 6pm-7:15pm at the Palmyra Middle School track. Kids may try as many events as they would like such as the long jump, softball throw, running relays, and various running distances to conclude with an inter-squad track meet at the Palmyra Middle School Track the morning of Saturday, May 21st. Includes a PARPC Track team t-shirt.
ASSISTANT COACHES NEEDED- Please consider helping as we can only allow as many athletes as we have volunteers to safely organize practices. If we are short on parent help we will create a waiting list until we have enough parent volunteers. PARPC will refund your money if we don’t get enough parent helpers. This is done to ensure the safety of all our athletes.
- More parent volunteers needed as assistant coaches, please put your name on your child’s track registration form under “volunteer parent coach” or you can email email@example.com
Assistant Coach meeting is TBA the week of March 28th.
Picture Day: April 25th beginning at 5:45pm.
Practices: PAMS Track from 6-7:15pm Mondays and Wednesdays April 6th through May 18th. *** EXCEPTION: 6:30pm start and finish at 7:30pm on April 13 and April 27 due to PHS Track meets.
Covid-19 Update to Parents:
First and foremost, we hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy. We have received questions from the community about if and how COVID-19 will change this year’s athletic season. We know this outbreak has been stressful to many and recognize that exercising and participating in activities like sports can be a healthy way to cope with stress and connect with our community. After careful thought and planning, we are excited to let you know that we plan to resume youth sports while following CDC considerations to protect players, families, and our community.
The health and safety of our athletes, staff, and volunteers remain our highest priority! Below, you will find a summary of actions we are taking to help ensure we are lowering COVID-19 risk as much as possible while also allowing our athletes to play. We are:
- Intensifying cleaning and disinfection by disinfecting equipment between use as feasible.
- Reducing physical closeness or contact between athletes when possible such as allowing athletes to focus on building individual skills keeping children in small groups, and staggering arrival and drop off times when feasible, putting signs and using cones and lines on fields to designate that coaches and players stay 6 feet apart, discouraging unnecessary physical contact, such as high fives, handshakes, fist bumps, and hugs and replacing these with a modified cheer.
- Postponing travel outside of our community
- Promoting healthy hygiene practices such as hand sanitizer before and after practices and games, encouraging children to cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or to use the inside of their elbow, and reminding them to not spit.
- MASKS: optional for coaches, officials, and parents to wear a cloth face covering. As a reminder, masks should not be placed on young children younger than 2 years of age, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the cover without assistance.
- Limiting the sharing of equipment.
- Track meet on May 21st – instructions will be given and will depend on COVID19 requirements for outside sports closer to the meet.
- R&K Sub Order Form Fundraiser is due 5/5 and Delivery is 5/18.
Be on the lookout for symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, or shortness of breath. Call your doctor if you think you or a family member is sick. Return back to sports from home isolation is found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/end-home-isolation.htm
Our PARPC program; working with PASD, will look as follows for this year to abide to COVID19 restrictions in the hopes to continue through an entire season keeping everyone as safe as possible.
- PRACTICE SESSIONS- Parents may watch practices, but must social distance 6 feet apart, masks are optional, and stay outside of the track fence.
- Please be prompt for drop off and pick up for sessions to allow for social distancing between sessions. Only athletes may enter the track.
- Athletes should bring their own water bottle with their name written on.
- Masks are optional for both athletes and parents.
- Health questionnaire must be reviewed before each session as a double check before you send your child to practice to be sure your child has no symptoms of COVID19. Please stay home if your child has any COVID19 symptoms.
- Read the parent’s checklist to prepare for season safely.
Parent resources for season:
HOW TO REGISTER:
Register by March 24th. $10 late fee between March 25th and March 31st – Registration closed after March 31st
Printed registration is below to mail to PARPC at 325 South Railroad Street, Palmyra PA 17078 OR you may put the registration in our tan drop box in front of the municipal building at the same address anytime.
Register online at www.active.com for a small fee. *Please note sibling discount is not available on active.com (Link is below)
Athlete Track Meet Event Form- every athlete must choose events with the Athlete Track Meet Event Form- coming soon! Will be available end of April on our website and Track Facebook page.
Any questions please call the office 838-9244 after hours 926-9673.