2023- 2024 PARPC Boys and Girls Basketball Program:
Join us for the PARPC 1st-8th Grade Basketball program! Season runs December through February and focuses on learning the game in a safe, fun atmosphere.
2023-2024 BASKETBALL PROGRAM INFORMATION – PRACTICES AND GAMES:
- PRESEASON INFORMATION: Players will participate in four 60 minute pre-season practices starting the week of December 4th until Christmas Break. Coach will contact you by November 14th with the schedule for practices, and please take note all coaches do not email their players on the same day. However, if you do not hear from a coach by November 14th please double check your SPAM email, then email firstname.lastname@example.org
- COACHES: Mandatory (45 minute) Coaches meeting November 6th at 5:30pm in the Palmyra Municipal Building Council Chambers at 325 South Railroad Street, Palmyra PA. All Coaches must supply a recent Child Abuse Clearance and State Police Criminal Background Check.
- GYM USAGE: We will do our best to maintain the same school every week for your practices and games. This will not necessarily be the school your child attends.
- REGULAR SEASON INFORMATION- Beginning the week of January 2nd, you will have a practices and games separate days depending on court availability and athlete schedules. Time frames will vary. Practices and games will be about 50-60 minutes. We appreciate your flexibility if schedule changes need to be made.
- 1&2 Grade Games and practices will be Monday through Friday with no weekend games. Please be sure to note on the registration form if your child has other commitments during the week that make your child unavailable.
- 3rd-8th Grade Games Schedule– BOYS at Lingle Elementary- will be on Saturdays starting with 6-8 grade games in the morning then moving to 3-5 grade games. GIRLS at Pine Street Elementary during the week and possibly some Saturday mornings. Be sure to note days your athlete is UNAVAILABLE on the registration form. 1st & 2nd grade boys games and girls games will be weeknights at Forge or Northside Elementary gyms.
- We will offer seven to eight games per team for all age groups.
- Athlete should wear the team t-shirt to every game. Team shirts are not required at practices.
- Athletes should bring their own basketball and water bottle- both with their names written on. If you do not have a basketball, one will be provided to you to borrow while at practice. Basketball sizes are 27.5 for all first and second graders and 28.5 for all third through eighth graders.
- CANCELLATIONS: If school is cancelled due to weather for the entire day or an early dismissal there will be no PARPC practices. If school has a 1 or 2 hour delay but finish a full day of school you will have practice unless you hear otherwise from your coach. GAMES: Same policy as weekday practices (above) and on weekend games the Referees/PARPC make the call on cancellations of games and will contact coaches who will contact their athletes.
- Program emphasizes learning the game and having fun with equal playtime on the courts with no medals or awards given. Youth recreational sports are chosen in an effort to develop skills and a love for the game, so children learn a healthy and active lifestyle.
Mandatory Assessment Nights at Lingle Elementary (3rd- 8th Grade Boys and Girls only): Assessments are conducted in order to evenly place players for the best game experience for all our athletes.
*Your athlete is required to be registered in our PARPC basketball program to participate in assessment night.
*Two nights per age group are offered, only one night attendance is required.
*Lingle Elementary gym is located on the left side of the school at the glass doors and parking lot when entering from the front, off of Lingle Road.
ASSESSMENT DATES (PENDING PASD APPROVAL) *Please check our website closer to your assessment date to be sure there are no changes, as facility usage is very limited and can change at any time:
BOYS GRADE 3, 4 , & 5: GIRLS GRADE 3, 4, & 5:
Monday, October 16th 6-7pm Monday, October 16th 7-8pm
Tuesday, October 17th 7-8pm Tuesday, October 17th 6-7pm
BOYS GRADE 6, 7 & 8: GIRLS GRADE 6, 7 & 8:
Tuesday, October 24th 6-7pm Tuesday, October 24th 7-8pm
Friday, October 27th 7-8pm Friday, October 27th 6-7pm
Reminders for season:
- Game schedule will be available the week of December 4th (Games begin in early January).
- SCHEDULE TIMEFRAME: Practice schedules do not come out until after registration closes and all papers are received in order to leave no child behind and the opportunity to be on a team that fits their schedule of days available noted on registration forms. Also, games will be scheduled in order to accommodate coaches managing multiple teams, and players with schedule changes. Again, in an effort to leave no child behind for the opportunity to participate in recreational sports. We thank you for your patience.
- Please call 717-926-9673 after hours with any questions or problems that cannot wait until the next business day.
- R&K sub sale– More information to come…
- There are several scholarships available for children of veterans and economically disadvantaged for half off sports program fees. This is partially funded by the Redners receipts we receive by the community. Please reach out to email@example.com for more information.
- PLEASE REGISTER BY OCTOBER 18th to avoid the $20 late fee! Registration closes after October 24th as we compile registration forms into late fall and group together athletes to create teams based on player and coach availability, age, as well as skill level to keep the teams as even as possible. Each season is different due to this, and we appreciate your patience as we work together to not leave any child behind so all can participate in practices and games that fit their schedule.
- We request all players choose between PARPC Recreational Basketball and their school team and do not play both.
- If your athlete is trying out for the Middle School team but would like to play with PARPC if they don’t make it on the MS team, please send a registration form (download or on our lobby turnstile) without payment and make a note on the top “Trying out for Middle School”. We will collect payment when you call or email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your child is playing with PARPC after tryouts. This way we can start organizing teams and make adjustments as needed. BE SURE TO EMAIL US 1-2 DAYS AFTER TRYOUTS TO CONFIRM YOUR CHILD WANTS TO PLAY. Form can be mailed or use our tan outside drop box.
- No late registrations accepted after October 24th! No exceptions. Register early as there is limited availability this season!
- Fee: $75, Sibling with discount $70, & Non-PASD $80. Includes an 8 week program, all game/referee fees, team t-shirt, facility usage costs.
How to Register:
We encourage the use of active.com with a link from our website below. You can also mail your downloaded registration form to 325 South Railroad Street, Palmyra PA 17078 or use the tan outdoor drop box in front of the Palmyra Borough Municipal Building available anytime 24/7.
Register online for a small fee (no sibling discount available online)
Download a form to drop by (outdoor drop box available 24/7) or mail to our office at 325 South Railroad Street, Palmyra PA 17078
Parent resources for season:
- Bill Walton’s Parent’s Guide to Youth Basketball (reference for parents during season)
Coach resources for season:
- Volunteer Clearances Instruction Form
- COVID19 Basketball Coach Waiver
- Bill Walton’s Parent’s Guide to Youth Basketball
- Basketball Rules 1st & 2nd Gr
- Basketball Rules 3rd-7th Grade
- Coach Conrad skills and drills2
- Coach Conrad PBB Youth Rec Curriculum
- Practice ideas 3-5 Grade
- Practice ideas 6-8 Grade
- Practice Ideas 1&2 Grade
- Sample of Elementary Basketball Practice 75 Mins
- Important Information Regarding Concussions
- School Facility Instructions
- Coach Conrad Basketball Curriculum 2022-23 .pdf