2021- 2022 PARPC Boys and Girls Basketball Program:
Facemasks must be worn by all participants, coaches, and referees.
PLEASE CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR ANY UPDATES.
Our PARPC program; working with PASD, will look as follows for this year 2021-22 as we navigate through COVID19 restrictions in the hopes to offer an entire season keeping everyone as safe as possible. Unfortunately we cannot offer 1&2 grade basketball due to a lack of court access in our cafeteria/gym spaces in keeping with COVID19 requirements with sanitizing spaces while school is in session. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to offer 1&2 grade sessions next year.
PRACTICES AND GAMES:
- PRACTICE/GAME NIGHTS IN REGULAR SEASON ARE CLOSED TO SPECTATORS AND PARENTS. If anything changes, we’ll update the website working with PASD.
- PRESEASON INFORMATION: Players will participate in four 60 minute pre-season practices starting the week of December 6th (pending PASD approval). Coach will contact you by November 16th with the schedule for preseason. If you do not hear from a coach by November 16th please double check your SPAM email, then contact 717-838-9244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- COACHES: mandatory meeting is November 9th either virtual or in the Judge’s chambers at the Palmyra Municipal Building at 325 South Railroad Street, Palmyra.
- GYM USAGE: We will do our best to maintain the same school every week for your practice/game night. This will not necessarily be the school your child attends.
- REGULAR SEASON INFORMATION- Beginning the week of January 3rd, two teams will share a court for a 40 -45 minute practice, have a 5 minute break and then continue with a game against the team they share the court with that evening OR you may have a practice one day and a game a separate day (Monday through Friday) depending on court availability, athlete schedules, and COVID19 restrictions. There will be no weekend games this year. Time frames will vary, but mostly be a 5:30pm drop off and 6:50pm pick up on practice/ game nights UNLESS you have only one practice or one game that evening and not both. Then practice or game will be about 50-60 minutes total. We appreciate your flexibility if changes need to be made and COVID19 restrictions lift for possible Saturday games.
- We will offer eight games per team, and may give two nights per week occasionally (not back to back) to finish the season in a timely fashion.
- Registration closes on October 28th as we compile registration forms into late fall and group together athletes to create teams based on player and coach availability, age, as well as skill level to keep the teams as even as possible. Each season is different due to this and we appreciate your patience so we can work together to not leave any child behind and all can participate in practices and games that fit their schedule.
- We will encourage our parent coaches and assistant coaches to “livestream” through Facebook so parents can view their child’s games although this is not guaranteed.
- Athlete should wear the team t-shirt to every game night. (Team t-shirt not necessary for the first two weeks of pre-season practices).
- Athletes should bring their own basketball and water bottle- both with their names written on.
- Masks update– CDC updated guidelines to require all athletes and coaches to wear a mask during practice and games. Be prepared with extra face coverings in case this mandate remains in effect.
- Program emphasizes learning the game and having fun with equal playtime on the courts. No medals are awards given, it’s purely for learning and fun.
- Parents must review the “Parent Checklist” for all instructions this year for season. COVID CHECKLIST FOR PARENTS-basketball
Due to COVID19, to try and keep exposure to a minimum, we are changing the following procedures:
We will review coach assessments and referee advisements from last year to create teams to avoid an assessment night due to COVID19 concerns.
Games will usually follow practice, always during the week to avoid large Saturday game gatherings at the school. (This is subject to change if COVID19 restrictions lift).
We cannot allow spectators or parents in the school gyms. (Subject to change if COVID19 restrictions lift)
Parent coaches can “live stream” games through Facebook live, although this is not guaranteed. We purchased phone tripods for each school for coaches to set up recording games for parents. Referees will track the time of the game with a stop watch and a scoring pole is available at each school for assistant coaches to utilize, if desired. Due to no spectators and limits on accessibility, there can be no timing/scorekeeper manager this year.
Reminders for season:
- Game schedule will be available the week of November 29th. Please see your coach for updates with push backs for season due to COVID19 we expect there to be several season adjustments. We appreciate your patience.
- SCHEDULE TIMEFRAME: Schedules do not come out until after registration closes and all papers are received in order to leave no child behind and the opportunity to be on a team that fits their schedule of days available noted on registration forms. Also, games will be scheduled the 1-2 weeks after in order to accommodate coaches managing multiple teams, and players with schedule changes. Again, in an effort to leave no child behind for the opportunity to participate in Recreational sports.
- If school is cancelled due to weather for the entire day or an early dismissal there will be no PARPC practices. If school has a 1 or 2 hour delay but finish a full day of school you will have practice unless you hear otherwise from your coach.
- Uniforms will be distributed late December or early January by your coach and must be worn to every game after pre-season practices conclude.
- Possibility of an R&K sub sale… stay tuned
- There are several scholarships available for children of veterans and economically disadvantaged.
We encourage the use of active.com with a link from our website below. You can also mail your downloaded registration form to 325 South Railroad Street, Palmyra PA 17078 or use the outdoor drop box in front of the Palmyra Municipal Building.
*Please note if you register online, there is no $5 sibling discount available.
How to Register:
Register online for a small fee (no sibling discount available)
Download a form to drop by (drop box available 24/7) or mail to our office at 325 South Railroad Street, Palmyra PA
Parent resources for season:
- COVID CHECKLIST FOR PARENTS-basketball (reference for COVID19 procedures for season-UPDATED 11/18)
- COVID-19 Health Screening Checklist (sent to coach before each practice/game your athlete attends)
- Bill Walton’s Parent’s Guide to Youth Basketball (reference for parents during season)
Coach resources for season:
- Volunteer Clearances Instruction Form
- COVID19 Basketball Coach Waiver
- COVID19 COACH CHECKLIST basketball (UPDATED 11/18)
- Bill Walton’s Parent’s Guide to Youth Basketball
- Basketball Rules 1st & 2nd Gr
- Basketball Rules 3rd-7th Grade
- Coach Conrad skills and drills2
- Coach Conrad PBB Youth Rec Curriculum
- Practice ideas 3-5 Grade
- Practice ideas 6-8 Grade
- Practice Ideas 1&2 Grade
- Sample of Elementary Basketball Practice 75 Mins
- Important Information Regarding Concussions
- School Facility Instructions 2020