2021- 2022 PARPC Boys and Girls Basketball Program:
PLEASE CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR ANY COVID19 UPDATES.
Our PARPC program; working with PASD, will look as follows for this year 2021-22 as we navigate through COVID19 restrictions in the hopes to offer an entire season keeping everyone as safe as possible.
PRACTICES AND GAMES:
- PRESEASON INFORMATION: Players will participate in four 60 minute pre-season practices starting the week of December 6th for two weeks. Coach will contact you by November 16th with the schedule for preseason. If you do not hear from a coach by November 16th please double check your SPAM email, then contact 717-838-9244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- COACHES: UTUBE video will be emailed to on November 11th with a link and instructions on season.
- GYM USAGE: We will do our best to maintain the same school every week for your practices and games. This will not necessarily be the school your child attends.
- REGULAR SEASON INFORMATION- Beginning the week of January 3rd, you will have a practice one day and a game a separate day (Monday through Friday) depending on court availability, athlete schedules, and COVID19 restrictions. There will be no weekend games this year. Time frames will vary. Practices and games will be about 50-60 minutes total. We appreciate your flexibility if schedule changes need to be made.
- We will offer seven to eight games per team, and may give two nights per week occasionally (not back to back) to finish the season in a timely fashion.
- Athlete should wear the team t-shirt to every game night. (Team t-shirt not necessary for pre-season practices in December).
- Athletes should bring their own basketball and water bottle- both with their names written on. If you do not have a basketball, one will be provided to you to borrow while at practice.
- Program emphasizes learning the game and having fun with equal playtime on the courts with no medals or awards given. Recreational sports are chosen in an effort to develop a love for the game for young children.
- Parents must review the “Health Screening Checklist” and the “Parent Procedures for Season” for instructions this year regarding COVID19 requirements. (Located under “Parent Resources for Season” section below.)
Due to COVID19, to try and keep exposure to a minimum, we are changing the following procedures:
- PRACTICE NIGHTS IN DECEMBER PRESEASON ARE CLOSED TO SPECTATORS AND PARENTS.
- GAMES ARE OPEN to parents and spectators who are encouraged to social distance by staying 6 feet apart, 6 feet away from the court, and a facemask is optional but encouraged.
Games will usually follow practice, but could be separate, however will always be during the week to avoid large Saturday game gatherings at the school.
We will review coach assessments and referee advisements from last year to create teams to avoid an assessment night due to COVID19 concerns.
Reminders for season:
- Game schedule will be available the week of November 29th. Please see your coach for updates on season due to COVID19 we expect there to be several season adjustments. We appreciate your patience.
- SCHEDULE TIMEFRAME: Schedules do not come out until after registration closes and all papers are received in order to leave no child behind and the opportunity to be on a team that fits their schedule of days available noted on registration forms. Also, games will be scheduled the 1-2 weeks after in order to accommodate coaches managing multiple teams, and players with schedule changes. Again, in an effort to leave no child behind for the opportunity to participate in recreational sports.
- If school is cancelled due to weather for the entire day or an early dismissal there will be no PARPC practices. If school has a 1 or 2 hour delay but finish a full day of school you will have practice unless you hear otherwise from your coach.
- Uniforms will be distributed late December or early January by your coach and must be worn to every game after December pre-season practices conclude.
- R&K sub sale-forms due to PARPC by January 5th and delivery is 3-5:30pm on January 19th. Funds are used to purchase new basketballs for this program. R&K Subs Basketball order form
- There are several scholarships available for children of veterans and economically disadvantaged (half off registration fee). This is partially funded by the Redners receipts we receive by the community.
We encourage the use of active.com with a link from our website below. You can also mail your downloaded registration form to 325 South Railroad Street, Palmyra PA 17078 or use the tan outdoor drop box in front of the Palmyra Municipal Building.
*Please note if you register online, there is no $5 sibling discount available.
- Registration closes after October 27th as we compile registration forms into late fall and group together athletes to create teams based on player and coach availability, age, as well as skill level to keep the teams as even as possible. Each season is different due to this and we appreciate your patience to work together to not leave any child behind so all can participate in practices and games that fit their schedule.
- NO LATE REGISTRATIONS ACCEPTED AFTER OCTOBER 27TH. Register early as there is limited availability this season!
How to Register:
Register online for a small fee (no sibling discount available)
Download a form to drop by (drop box available 24/7) or mail to our office at 325 South Railroad Street, Palmyra PA
Parent resources for season:
- Health-Screening CHECKLIST
- CHECKLIST-FOR-PARENTS (UPDATED 12/15/21)
- Bill Walton’s Parent’s Guide to Youth Basketball (reference for parents during season)
- R&K Subs Order Form Delivery is January 19th at the PARPC office at 325 South Railroad Street, Palmyra from 3-5:30pm. Forms are due January 5th.
Coach resources for season:
- Volunteer Clearances Instruction Form
- COVID19 Basketball Coach Waiver
- COVID19-COACH-CHECKLIST (UPDATED 12/15/21)
- Bill Walton’s Parent’s Guide to Youth Basketball
- Basketball Rules 1st & 2nd Gr
- Basketball Rules 3rd-7th Grade
- Coach Conrad skills and drills2
- Coach Conrad PBB Youth Rec Curriculum
- Practice ideas 3-5 Grade
- Practice ideas 6-8 Grade
- Practice Ideas 1&2 Grade
- Sample of Elementary Basketball Practice 75 Mins
- Important Information Regarding Concussions
- School Facility Instructions